Now that you have taken a million selfies with your ring, texted your friends and family, and had a bottle or three of champagne (we aren’t judging), what happens next? Let’s be honest…it seems overwhelming when you think about your wedding and everything that goes into planning it. Well, don’t worry! We are here to guide you through the next steps.
Here are the top 5 things we recommend doing after you get engaged:
- First and foremost, get that ring insured! In case your ring or its stones ever need to be repaired or replaced, you want to make sure you are covered. You can insure your ring by buying it as an extension for your homeowner’s or renter’s policy, or you can go through a company that focuses on jewelry insurance.
Photo by Ryann Lindsey Photography
- Hire a wedding planner. With their professional experiences, you will be gaining invaluable insight to spaces or ideas, you may not have considered before. Planners are here to help guide you through the process so it does not get overwhelming for you. Another bonus is that they will help save you money! They can help you maintain your budget and find vendors that are in your range. Click here for our checklist that will help you plan your big day!
Photo of Kayle Photo by Stacey Poterson
- Let’s talk numbers. Chat with your partner about your wedding size, budget, and general date range. We recommend drafting a guest list to decide who you want there to celebrate with you. This will help when discussing your budget. The larger your wedding size is, the more costly it can be. Also, for budget consider your savings or any contributors to the big day. You may not know your exact wedding date for a while, as it depends on many factors. A general date range will enable you to get your planning process in gear.
Photo by KSL Wedding
- Build your Pinterest board. Write down what you’d love to have at your wedding and start putting together a Pinterest board with your vision. You can start adding photos to create your overall style, color palette and vibe. This will help when it comes to finding vendors and just imagining your overall vision. Don’t know where to start? Here’s a sample of ours for inspiration: Link our Pinterest board
- Embrace the romance. Relax and enjoy this time with your partner! It all goes by really quick, so soak it all up before you are officially married!
Photo by Aaron Kes
Fun fact: 40% of engagements happen between Thanksgiving and Valentine’s Day!