Although many people choose to have an adult only wedding, the other half of those brides and grooms choose to involve everyone in their family including the smaller guests, on their special day. Yes, I am talking about kids!
Sometimes weddings may seem like they can only be catered to the adults with the alcohol, dancing, and mingling but there are so many different and unique ways to include the kids in an elegant, fun, and sophisticated way, without taking away from the whole wedding.
Here are some great ideas that make sure the children at your wedding have fun and feel included!
Have a separate kids table! This will get them to interact with kids their age and feel more comfortable.
You can include games or even crayons and paper at the kids table for entertainment.
Provide a kids option for the toasts.
Place subtle game cards on the guests’ tables like a game of “I Spy”.
Outdoor games are always fun! This is an easy way to get the adults involved with the kids as well!
You can have an indoor game corner as well, with board games and puzzles customized with your engagement photos!
Need more ideas? Here are a few more!
- Have a kid friendly appetizer at cocktail hour, like mac and cheese bites.
- Instead of a kids table, have a kids corner or area with kid lawn games and even legos.
- Give the kids an outdoor bubble station.
- Have a kids “bar” with chips, candy, sweets and all the snacks children may enjoy.
- Give different kid-friendly favors to the children at the end of the night.
- To make it extra kid-friendly, you can rent a bounce house or ball pit for the outdoors wedding!
With some of these ideas, now everyone can have tons of fun at your wedding!