In honor of one of myfavorite months of the year, I thought we would share our 5 favorite things about October- and you won’t event find Pumpkin Spice Lattes on this list.
1. Pumpkins. Pumpkin patches, pumpkin picking, pumpkin carving/decorating, Glitter pumpkins, pumpkins…everywhere! My favorite pumpkin is, what I like to call a fairytale pumpkin (but they are actually called cheese pumpkins. Fun fact: the seed for this pumpkin apparently originated in Tucson, AZ!) These whimsical pumpkins are right up there with glitter in my book (so obviously glittery pumpkins make my giddy too).
2. Pumpkin Fluff. Speaking of pumpkins. One of my most favorite, easiest to make and most crowd pleasing desserts in my arsenal is pumpkin fluff. Considering how many times I have made this light and irresistible dessert over the last few years, I am shocked I don’t have a picture of my own to share. Don’t worry, I will definitely be sharing my recipe, along with my serving suggestions later this month!
3. Cooler Weather. Here in Arizona its starting to get a little cooler… at night. I love October because it doesn’t seem totally irrational to start dreaming of beautiful boots and Olivia Pope approved coats. Granted, I may only be able to wear them for about a week in January or if I head up to north for the weekend. Still, once October hits, my pinterest board filled with cold weather essentials seems less like a fantasy.
Last year: I was Super Mario and Meagan was a ceiling “fan”.
4. Halloween. As an event planner, I live for a good theme party. Enter Halloween, the theme party that everyone participates once a year. The one night that it is not only accepted, but expected that you wear a costume, decorate your home and give candy to people. I mean, in a perfect world, we would answer the door with a bucket of candy year round. The decor, thinking up costumes, having parties… I love it all! Check out this post for last year’s halloween party recap, and this one for decor ideas.
The groomsmen and their super hero socks. Yes, some of them have capes.
A great way to start the season!
5. The start of wedding Season! Last night we kicked off wedding season with a super fun, Alice in Wonderland themed wedding at Stonebridge Manor in Mesa, AZ. To me, October means weddings and weddings mean love. Therefore, October is all about the kick off of the season of love, which for obvious reasons, (hello- wedding planner) I’m slightly obsessed with.
So there you have it, my 5 favorite things about October. What do you love about October? Let us know in the comments!