Hi there lovelies!
My name is Meagan and I am super excited to be one of Your Jubilee’s new interns!
Here’s a little bit about me before we dive into the fun stuff! I just moved to AZ with my fiancé, and am obsessed with coffee, DIY projects, my two kittens, and anything gold. I live for celebrating holidays, and go all out with home decor for every single one!
With all that in mind, and Valentine’s Day quickly approaching (yay!), I thought that today I would share with you some of my favorite Valentine’s Day gift ideas to shower your loved ones with!
1. DIY Tissue Paper Heart
First up, here’s a gift idea for the crafty-at-heart. This cute and easy DIY Tissue Paper Heart by Whitney Port and Lulu & Georgia makes a great gift for your decor-loving friends. Find the instructions via Glitter Guide, here.
2. Gold Cactus Charm Necklace
Looking for an Arizona themed gift for a BFF or bridesmaid? It’s hard to go wrong with jewelry! Here’s a totally adorable gold saguaro necklace from The Shine Project, a local jewelry company dedicated to helping inner city students afford college. How awesome is that?! Check out the necklace and the company here.
3. DIY Hand Lettered Florals Wrap || Free Downloadable Print
If you have a BFF or bridesmaid that goes crazy for fresh florals, this one’s for them! This hand lettered floral wrap can dress up a store bought, (or even hand-picked) bouquet. Download the free, printable wrap template here and follow the instructions below for some lovely, floral goodness!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Hand Lettered Florals Wrap Downloadable Print
Ribbon or Trim (optional)
1. Purchase some fresh florals from your local flower shop or hand-pick some wild beauties from your garden. I used these bougainvillea freshly cut from the garden around my apartment complex.
2. Download the wrap template here and print it out (either at home or a local print shop, like Staples). I printed mine on my home printer with white card stock. If you’re not a fan of the white border around the page from printing, trim the excess with scissors.
3. Turn the paper over so that the pattern is facing downward, and fold the bottom two corners of the page over onto themselves like a funnel.
4. Tighten the wrap by pulling the right bottom corner further up and around, making sure to keep the funnel-like point at the bottom. Use a small piece of tape looped over itself to secure the corner down.
5. Trim any thorns off the flower stems if necessary, set the flowers inside the wrap and you’re done!
I added a gold trim to the top with small pieces of tape for some extra flair! Add whatever type of trim or ribbon you’d like and have fun with it!!
4. DIY Oreo Truffles
Alright, friends. You know how everyone says “diamonds are a girl’s best friend?” Well, I don’t know about you all, but what I think they really meant to say is that chocolate Oreo truffles are a girl’s best friend! (Not that we don’t love gorgeous diamonds too! I mean, a girl can dream about both, right??)
I tried this no-bake Oreo Truffle recipe out a few years ago for some friends and for my boyfriend at the time (who is now my fiancé I might add!) and they were a hit!!
They are super easy to make with only three simple ingredients, and take almost no time to pull together.
Once they’re done, package them up in some cute mini-cupcake holders and you’re all set to give them away as Valentines!
(Or eat them all yourself, we wont judge! :D)
Find the recipe here.
Wishing you all a very Happy Valentine’s Day!